What Can I Do About My Name? “I Hate My Name!”   

Do you ever think, “I hate my name”? Many people feel uncomfortable with their names for a variety of practical and personal reasons. Maybe it is very unfamiliar or difficult to pronounce correctly. It can be especially long or difficult to spell. Maybe you were named after someone you don’t like.  It could also just be too ordinary and forgettable. Some people just feel their name does not suit them well.

“I hate my name” is a real feeling for a lot of people. In many cases, someone’s name may remind them of negative personal experiences or people. What if you could see a brilliant future for yourself and it all ties into having a slightly more professional, academic or approachable name. 

For all the above reasons and more, “I hate my name” can be a real issue for some people. If any of this sounds a little familiar to you, then you should know that there is something you could do about it. 

I Hate My Name – What Can I Do About It?

You can change it! There is a legal process that will allow you to drop your current name for whatever reason you like and adopt a new name. You can then change your ID and Official Records with your new name on them. You don’t have to put up with your old name because you can change it for a name you actually like. But, it will be important to follow this process exactly. 

A person’s name is one of your most important defining features and it is very important. As long as a judge approves your name being changed, you can change your name legally to whatever name you’d like. It is an important legal process and it can be done if you are determined. 

STEP 1 – Pick A New Name

If you have already been using a preferred name for a while, even though it has not yet been legally changed, then you already know what name you are going to use. If not then this step might be the most important of all. 

If you simply hate your name and would like to have it changed, take some time to think about what you would like to do. Think about who you would like to be in all the situations you foresee. Think about yourself in all the situations you find yourself in today. Think of a few names you feel might suit this new “you”. 

Ask yourself what you like about each choice and then try writing out some variations of other names you also like for these reasons. Have some of your close friends use this name a few times to see how it rings. Try it out for a while. 

You will want a name that does compliment your personality and who you really are. Most importantly you will want a name that reflects the person you will be changing into as you grow. 

After you have chosen the name you really like, spell it out a million times so that you create a strong visual memory. When you are ready for the big change you can start the legal process. 

I Hate My Name

You will be delighted to know that the Name Change Court Order process is freeform. You can choose the name you want exactly how you want it. There are situations in which your choice of name could be denied, but that would be extremely rare. 

If you wanted to change your last name for your spouse’s name, you can do this. If you would like to add a middle name for an initial, you can do this too. If you would like to make your nickname your real name, this is also a possibility. Because it is a freeform process, you can add whatever you would like as your name and so it will be just how you want it to be. 

You can also just change a part of your name that you don’t like. The idea is to get your whole name so you feel absolutely comfortable with it. 

STEP 2 – Get All Your ID and Official Records Changed

If you don’t feel comfortable with your name, don’t go on living with it. Make a change. You can begin the Name Change Process and adopt the name you want. It is a bit of a complex process and it is not free either, but the results can be well worth it. You can begin the process and get a full-service name change at EZNameChange.com.

You Hate Your Name? – Then change it!  

If you feel that your name does not suit you well or that it doesn’t properly depict the person you are inside. You can change your name to something that spells easily or flows well and has no connections to a grievous past. When you have selected the name you are totally sure of, then go ahead and make it official.  Hey, if U.S. Presidents can change their names, why can’t you?